Saturday, August 7, 2010

Cos Seedlings. Bananas and Pineapples? (and where are my Pepino?)





Parris Island Cos Seedlings
If these weren't Cos, they would be suffering in rows with the Black Seeded Simpson.

However. Since they are, here they is in 3" pots with seed starting mixture. Yes, I pulled and potted up the damn lettuce seedlings.

Well, they weren't doing well, that's why.

I hope these start to grow a lot larger than they, and a lot faster than they have been. I don't know if it's possible to just make plants grow slower by bad or mistaken culivation techniques - maybe it's the heat.

On another note, I was looking for pre-stratified berry seeds on Amazon and came across some dwarf banana and pineapple plants. I think those would just frusrate me, like having one pepper plant. I mean, it's a dwarf - so how many pineapple is it really going to put off? Plus, it's a large fruit, which probably means that it takes like three months to ripen one of them. Store-bought pineapple can't be that bad.

Speaking of tropical fruit, I planted like twenty Pepino seeds and I haven't seen hide or hair of them. They arrived very small and dry and almost flaky. I knew I should have asked for my money back. I think they were at the bottom of the barrel. I'll withhold the vendor's name until I see if they will remedy the situation - same guy I got all my melon seeds from, and they germinated 100% (or better!).

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment