Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Growing Kellogs

No, I did not seed my Frosted Flakes.

Trust me, it won't work.

However, these little individual cereal thingies make ideal starting pots for those seedlings that have to be pulled and potted up, like tomatoes and eggplants and peppers. (Oh my).

Left front (plugs) is White Star Hybrid eggplant seedlings. Front right (Cheerios) will be Fresno Sweet peppers (provided the seeds come anything close to true). The remaining (Frosted Flakes) are actually Tarpan and Sarian strawberries.


Yes, I'm growing strawberries from seed, buying plants just seems so much like cheating, and the Quinault that we planted this year and have runners from is totally useless (don't plant it).

1 comment:

  1. Update!!

    Both Tarpan and Sarian strawberries have germinated (finally) - those are some of the tiniest cotyledons I have ever seen. Re-thinking the growing strawberries from seed thing...

    No peppers yet. They take forever.

    ReplyDelete